Do You Know How to Choose the Right Roofing Material?
If you want to know how choose the right roofing material for your business. That will improve the aesthetics of your property, and be able to withstand local weather conditions. Read our best roofing material for your commercial building by exploring the list. Know that we are the best commercial and industrial roofing contractor near your!
Dial 305-927-9711 now!
Built-Up Roof Material
The built-up roof is suitable for commercial buildings that have flat or low-pitched roofing. It features multiple layers of roofing felt, which are heated and applied by roofing contractors. These pieces are layered to create a protective layer. They then embed a finely crushed layer of stone to create a roof that is impenetrable.
The following are some of the benefits that a built-up roof brings to your home:
- Resistant against weather damage: Multiple layers of built-up roof can protect your building from direct sunlight and strong winds.
- Fewer Leaks A professional roofer can install a high-quality, built-up roofing system that is virtually waterproof. This means fewer leaks on the inside.
- Low maintenance Due to the many layers of protection, built-up roofs don’t need much maintenance.
- Resists pressure from heavy items: This material is ideal for low-pitched or flat roofs. It can handle bulky fixtures such as HVAC systems and satellites.
- A roof that is built up can be walked on with no problems. Your roof will remain intact even if maintenance workers are walking on it to repair your HVAC system or satellite when needed.
EPDM/Rubber Roofing Materials
EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) is also known as rubber roof. It’s a type of membrane roofing that can be used on flat or low-pitched roofing.
Rubber roofing has many benefits.
- Easy installation. Since EPDM roofing only has one layer it is relatively easy to install. This allows you to save money and time on roof replacement.
- Resistant against weather damage The synthetic rubber is resistant to scratches, scuffs, and the UV rays of the sun.
- Fewer Leaks The large sheets reduce the amount of moisture that can enter your property. Your roof will be better equipped to withstand moisture damage.
- Low Maintenance EPDM roofs are easy to maintain due to their durability and one-layer design.
- Energy-efficient: Rubber roofs reflect solar heat, lowering the temperature of your home in summer. You can save money by using this feature. Energy bills tend to be high when you own a large commercial building.
- Design with versatility: EPDM roofing is usually black, but can also be found in white. The roofing manufacturer can shape the material into different widths and thickenings depending on your building’s climate and size.
Metal Roof Material
A metal roof can be made in a variety of colors, textures, and configurations to suit your personal style and maintenance needs. This material can be either steel, aluminum, copper, or stainless steel.
Commercial buildings can benefit from a metal roof in the following ways:
- Easy installation: Metal is usually lightweight and easy to install. This will save you time and money when installing your roof.
- Long life With proper maintenance, you can expect metal roofing to last for nearly half a hundred years before it needs replacing.
- Resistant against weather damage A metal roof is resistant to hail, heavy winds, rain and snow. It can also withstand fires and damage caused by other debris.
- Low Maintenance: Once you install metal roofing, it doesn’t need much maintenance.
- Energy efficient Metal roofs reflect solar heat, keeping your commercial space cool throughout the year. You can expect to see a reduction in your monthly energy costs, especially during the summer.
- Versatile Design: Metal offers a variety of colors, textures and styles for your roof.
- Ecological Metal is a material that can be recycled, saving resources and reducing waste.
Shingle Roof Material
Shingle roofs are ideal for commercial buildings that have steep roofs. These materials come in a variety of colors, textures, and shapes.
The following are some advantages of shingle roofs:
- Easy installation: Contractors can quickly install shingles to the top of your building so that you can return to work as soon as possible.
- Resistant against weather damage Depending on which material you select, shingles can usually resist UV rays and fire.
- Versatile Design: Shingles are available in a variety of different materials, each with their own unique color and texture. These options will help you to highlight your brand and set your commercial building apart from others in the neighborhood.
Slate Roof Material
The Slate Roof is made of a metamorphic stone that is both beautiful and durable. It’s an excellent choice for commercial buildings. You can adapt it to any commercial roof pitch.
Your commercial property can benefit from a slate roof in several ways.
- Long life span A slate roof of high quality installed by a reputable roofing contractor will last for nearly 100 years. The slate can last for a long time, but flashings and underlayment will need to be replaced after 100 years.
- Resistant against weather damage : Your slate roof will protect your commercial building from the local weather conditions. This material can resist UV rays and rain, as it is a hard rock. It sheds snow and water, absorbs minimal moisture and is heavy enough to remain in place even during strong winds.
- Slate is visually appealing. It comes in a variety of colors including brown, gray and purple. Talk to your contractor about your design choices and find a roofing product that will give your commercial building an elegant aesthetic.
- Eco Friendly: Slate roofing is durable and rarely requires repairs or replacement. The reduction of repairs and replacements reduces production waste, and conserves natural resources. Slate tiles can be recycled and used for other projects.
Tile Roof Material
A tile roof can be a beautiful, durable option for a commercial building that has a steep slope. This type of roofing is often used to complement classic architectural styles with an old-world appeal.
Tile roofing has many unique advantages.
- Long life span: Tile roofing on commercial properties can last for up to 100 years, depending on the material used and quality of installation.
- Durability : Tile roofs are resistant to most weather conditions, including high winds, rot and moisture. They can also withstand fire and insects.
- Low Maintenance This material is durable and resistant to the majority of weather conditions. It does not require much maintenance.
- Roof tiles come in a variety of colors, textures, and styles. They will enhance the aesthetics of your commercial space. Mission and Spanish tiles are curved, whereas shingle and French tiles are flat. Your roofing contractor can help you decide which style is best for your home.
Now you know how to choose the right roofing material, it’s life span, durability and maintenance. It’s time to decide!
Contact Commercial Roof Services FL for Best Roofing Material
You can trust Commercial Roof Services, FL to deliver high-quality results if you require a roofing replacement. Commercial Roof Services has earned a reputation for being a reliable roofing company. For more information on our commercial roofing products, contact us now.